Over the years, Health Capital Consultants (HCC) has been active in Certificate of Need (CON) regulatory related matters in numerous states including assisting clients in the preparation of applications for facilities, equipment and services. HCC's services related to CON projects include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Industry research; economic and utilization demand forecasting;
- Utilization Demand and “Need:” forecasting;
- Economic & demographic analyses and trends reports;
- Certificate of need applications, In addition to our assistance through the CON agency application process, we have provided technical assistance to legal counsel (and litigation support in the event of rejected applications), on engagements entailing complex economic, legal, financial, valuation and other related issues across a broad spectrum of provider entities in the healthcare industry;
- Financial projections, pro-forma reports and budgets;
- Development of business plans and feasibility studies;
- Reviews of and recommendations regarding services lines, payer mix and revenue yield from available reimbursement scenarios;
- Capital formation and structure analysis;
- Provider manpower needs surveys and community benefit analyses;
- Provider compensation and income distribution plans;
- Business valuation, merger & acquisition or divestiture transactions; and,
- Coordination with your legal and accounting counsel in achieving project goals.
- HCC has provided valuation opinions as to the Fair Market Value of certificates of need, licenses and other regulatory permissions, and has served healthcare provider clients and their legal counsel in an advisory capacity in assessing the feasibility of projects requiring CON approval.
HCC’s qualified, certified experts and accredited professionals in the healthcare financial and economic arena are supported by an experienced research support staff to maintain a thorough and extensive knowledge of specific healthcare service sectors and overall healthcare environment, including one of the most significant collections of CON related research studies, books, journals and analyses nationwide.
Further, HCC has testified before numerous state legislative and agency hearings in several states on CON related matters, and has served as an appointed member on the Missouri Certificate of Need Technical Advisory Committee (MO CONTAC) for the Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee (MHFRC).
In addition, we have provided trial testimonies in State Court cases where CON application denials have been successfully challenged and overturned. HCC's book entitled, “The U.S. Healthcare Certificate of Need Sourcebook” published by Beard Books, in November 2005, is considered to be the most comprehensive work of its kind related to Certificate of Need. HCC’s CON related research has been published in peer-reviewed settings and presented at conferences nationwide.